-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of shipahoy
Sent: Friday, 2 November 2001 9:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Evolution

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:14:52 -0600
Gary Traffanstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       I'm looking for user experiences with Evolution. I'm wanting to switch to
it
> from Kmail only because I like the way it does spell check. I've been
using
> KMail since I first started using Linux and so I know that KMail is quite
> dependable. Is there anything I should know about Evolution before making
the
> switch? Should I not make the switch and if so, why? Etc., etc., etc. Any
> input would be most appreciated!

I've tried the latest version 0.15 off cooker. I liked the look of the
address book which I thought might serve my purposes rather well for listing
detailed business addresses. I spent an hour or so carefully filling in
addresses, went to create a new category and the machine froze solid putting
an end to that experiment. I won't trust it with my data anymore. Evolution
is not quite ready for mission critical functions yet.

Its also a bit Redmondian for my taste, and I can't figure out how to do
*proper* rather than US English in the spell check which makes it less than
useless for my purposes.

I'll stick with Sylpheed which is in rapid development and coming along very
nicely. It handles huge folders (20megs or more) and mailing lists better
than any mail client I've ever used.