The only problem is that by default you are limited to a VERY SMALL
subset of your Ttype Anti-Aliased fonts when it's on, and worst still
they all go bold at 14 points.

The Xftconfig file example someone posted fixed all of this for me
brilliantly. No more 14 point auto-boldface either.

Now I have over 100 Anti-Aliased fonts available and they all look
pretty good!

-JMS