-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Franki
Sent: Friday, 9 November 2001 7:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] unable to log on after kernel upgrade.

Hi all,

I just loaded kernel2.4.13-2 from cooker onto a dead standard 8.1 install
(powerpack)

I rebooted and now I can't log in.. (strangely enough the same problem I had
yesterday.)

anyone else come accross this?

it authenticates my password, tells me when the last login was, but thats
it,, it stops dead at that point.

any suggestions would be much appreciated.

rgds

Frank