I tried and it kept respawning X before the log on screen. I was able to
modify XF86Config-4 to use the 'nv' nvidia driver instead of the NVIDIA
binaries and then I could load 2.4.13-2 and log on OK. Supermount worked, but
I was unable to get the NVIDIA drivers to work even after recompiling for
2.4.13-2
Also on shutdown my USB drivers hung. So it was back to 2.4.8-26 for me :-)
Are you using Nvidia?