you need to add a source to the list of sources that urpmi uses, have you
read the man pages for urpmi, urpmi.addmedia and urpmi.update?
use the list of download sites from www.linux-mandrake.com to find a source
that is convenient for you and do similar to the following
(do this as root, you can add yourself to the urpmi group to avoid this-i
think, though that may just be necessary to actually install using urpmi)

#urpmi.addmedia "somename for your source" ftp://host/path/to/../Mandrake/
with ./base/hdlist.cz

this should work, the argument after 'with' is the relative path of the file
'hdlist.cz from the ftp path specified earlier, you can also use an http url
and you can also add user:password@ options as necessary as you would in a
url window in a browser i.e. ftp://me:mypass@host/path/to/ etc.

you can use either current 8.1 mirrors or cooker mirrors to download from,
you could set up a source for each but then when you run urpmi you will
always install the latest version of any package which may not be what you
want, the mandrake software manager front end promises to let you choose what
sourcess to look in but i've never tried that,

this help?

bascule