RCdOF> Hash: SHA1

RCdOF> Hi!

RCdOF> I've seen on the list that mdk8.1 has some 'problems' with floppies and
RCdOF> cdrom.

RCdOF> Ok, I can understand that!

RCdOF> But I can't understand why I can not mount any one MANUALLY!

RCdOF> Can anyone help me out?

RCdOF> hardware: 1 cdrom creative and 1 cd-rw creative!
RCdOF> cdrom: it was originally set to /dev/hdb and /mnt/cdrom
RCdOF>         I tried to emulate scsi, just as cd-rw!
RCdOF>         Both are detected by 'cdrecord -scanbus'
RCdOF> cd-rw: I cannot mount it! Although I can 'burn' cd's!!

RCdOF> The error is always the same: "you have to specify the file system..."
RCdOF> But, if I do that, such as, "mount -t iso9660 /mnt/cdrom2" nothing
RCdOF> happens but a help page for 'mount'

RCdOF> any idea, direction?

RCdOF> []s Ricardo Castanho

This is normal, because you tell mount where to mount, but it does not
know what to mount. Normally

mount your_device_name   to_where_you_want_to_mount

Assuming your cdrom is /dev/hdb , and you want to mount it to
/mnt/cdrom, and nothing is "already" mounted to /mnt/cdrom, the
correct command is

mount /dev/hdb /mnt/cdrom

I dont think you will even need to define the type, but if you will
want or need

mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdb /mnt/cdrom

will be the answer :)

 Onur Kucuk