>>mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdb /mnt/cdrom
>>will be the answer :)
>> Onur Kucuk

RCdOF> I've tried that too! ;-(
RCdOF> Oops! now I got it.... permissions problem!;-/
RCdOF>  I think there is a problem with the links....
RCdOF> When I eject the 'cdrom' the cdrom2 is ejected, like:
RCdOF> eject cdrom (cdrom2 is ejected!)
RCdOF> to eject cdrom I have to give the full path...
RCdOF> Any idea?

RCdOF> I'm not worried about 'ejecting' but, to have correct links....

RCdOF> []s Ricardo Castanho

Actually tis happens to me too, it is just a devfs trouble. (If I
remember right they are writing the devfs from the scratch now)

2 solutions,

Sorry dont remember the name, but someone had adviced to delete
everything in /lib/dev-state , and reboot. Guess this works until you
change the places of devices in your pc, just give it a try.

Second one, I use this. Simply dont use devfs. How ? If you are using
lilo, change the kernel option, that is in /etc/lilo.conf ,
devfs=mount to devfs=nomount. And dont forget to type lilo at the
command prompt to make the new setting work as default. I dont know
the grub type, but I guess it is easy to figure out :)

 Onur Kucuk