> A different topic on Evolution, what format is the address book in? can I import
> address book from (say) Netscape 4.77 or OE5?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gordon

Gordon, You can import mail and contacts from Netscape using Evolution's import
feature.
To import Outlook and Outlook express mail and contacts, you have to import them into
a windows version of mozilla first and then evolution.

I've included an explanation and directions on how to do this from Ximian's web site.
They have a great search tool there.

http://support.ximian.com/cgi-bin/ximian.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=k7DWVl*f&p_lva=&p_refno=010720-000004&p_created=995655179&p_sp=cF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTkmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1Ib3cgZG8gSSBpbXBvcnQgT3V0bG9vayBFeHByZXNzIGZpbGVzPyZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPTMmcF9wcm9kX2x2bDE9MiZwX2NhdF9sdmwxPX5hbnl_JnBfc29ydF9ieT1kZmx0JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

-Paul Rodríguez

"As my previous email client, I used Microsoft Outlook. How can I import my old email
from Outlook?   Answer   You cannot import these files directly into Evolution because
the .pst  format is a proprietary format. However, Mozilla Mail on Windows can convert
them into the mbox format, which can then be imported by Evolution.

To start importing your Outlook mail to Evolution, run Mozilla Mail on Windows and
select the Importer to begin:

File > Import

Then select that you wish to import Mail from Outlook. Once Mozilla has imported all
your mail, reboot your computer into Linux.

Mount your Windows partition in Linux and run Evolution to begin importing your mail.
Select the Importer from the File menuto start importing:

File > Import File...

Set the file type to "MBox (mbox)" and click on [Browse] to select the file containing
mail you want to import.

If you are the only user on Windows, the mail files will be stored in
/mnt/c/windows/Application Data/Mozilla/Profiles/default/XXXX/Mail/imported.mail/
where /mnt/c/ is your windows partition mount point and XXXX is some collection of
numbers and digits ending in .slt.

If there is more than one user, the file will be in
/mnt/c/windows/Profiles/USERNAME/XXXX/Mail/imported.mail/ where USERNAME is your
Windows username.

For each mail folder in Outlook, Mozilla will convert the folder into one mbox file.
To import all your mail, import all the files without a .msf extension.

Mozilla on Windows can access the .pst Outlook files because it can use the Windows
MAPI.DLL library. Using MAPI.DLL is the only way to access .pst files, and it can be
used under a Windows operating system."