Greetings,

Mdk 8.1 is up and working (from what I can tell) correctly for the most part.
 However, it crashes (hangs really) on exit.  The last thing I see on the
screen is that the eth0 is shutting down (and stays that way until I reset
the PC its self with a hard reset --gasp!).  I am not sure which log to look
at to determine what I haven't done (this system was freshly reloaded from
the downloaded MDK8.1 CDs without mods and does this).

I am using a 3Com 3c905TX, default settings.  The last time I fooled with the
settings (I/O and IRQ) linux reported that it couldn't see the device.  I am
starting to get a little touchy about the dang interface card because it gets
corrupted so easily, and I don't know how to fix it.

I know a solution is to never reboot, but I don't have a UPS and I do leave
my PC off sometimes for a day or 2 (yes, really) so that's sort of
impractical.

Any helpers out there?  I will send configs as requested (try to be specific
what you want so I can find it.)

Thanks a bunch in advance!!
Steve Weltman

BTW...I appologize if this email is HTML formatted, I just started using
KMail and I don't know how to configure it very well yet.  You could tell me
how to do this as well if you see that I am in HTML.  Thanks!! :)