On Tuesday 20 November 2001 04:13 pm, you wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Mdk 8.1 is up and working (from what I can tell) correctly for the most
> part. However, it crashes (hangs really) on exit.  The last thing I see on
> the screen is that the eth0 is shutting down (and stays that way until I
> reset the PC its self with a hard reset --gasp!).  I am not sure which log
> to look at to determine what I haven't done (this system was freshly
> reloaded from the downloaded MDK8.1 CDs without mods and does this).

<snip>

> Any helpers out there?  I will send configs as requested (try to be
> specific what you want so I can find it.)

The solutions is very complicated :) you have to backspace 4 characters out
of your modules.conf file. I can't remember the web address for where it is,
but I copied and saved it as a text file:

Error scenario: The computer locks up when shutting down or when stopping the
usb service.
Why: In certain cases, the usb-uhci module is broken for some usb devices.
Solution: Modify your /etc/modules.conf file and change the line "alias
usb-interface usb-uhci" to "alias usb-interface uhci". The
change will take effect after the next shutdown and will prevent the usb
service from locking up the computer.