Hi,

    I'd like to install the latest nVidia GeForce drivers in LM8.1, but
the nVidia download site only provides rpm's up to LM8.0. Is there any
chance the LM8.0 drivers rpm will work with LM8.1 ?

    The site also provides a source srpm. If the LM8.0 rpm is unusable,
perhaps I can generate the drivers for LM8.1 from the srpm ? (I've never
installed from srpm's before.)

    Has anyone had any success with either of these approaches ?

    I'd also like to install the glms hardware sensors (cpu temp, fan
speed, etc) package. Is the Cooker version safe to use ?

    Thanks for any help,

regards,

Charlie.