On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:55:35 +0000, "Caspar Kennerdale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

   This seems to read the floppyt , starts t read the cd and after a few
   minites gives the message ' this is not a mandrake cd'

   does anyone have any ideas? is this because the cd is a copy

   shall i download an iso from a mandrake mirror?

   do I need all three if so- the inst, ext and supp iso's

   thanks in advance

hi,

   yes it has something to do with the process of copying the disc from a burned disc.
my friend has one of those too ;-). it may not be great for installing but it is
usable for installing some packages on a mandrake system.

   try downloading the isos. you only need the first but having the second
(recommended) and third (really optional, I only installed 2 or 3 packages from this
disc) wont hurt. check the md5sums of each before burning and select the option 'burn
from image' from your burning software.

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
25/F Equitable-PCI Tower
ADB Ave. cor. Poveda St.,