Dave Sherman wrote:

> On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 03:36, Ric Tibbetts wrote:
> > Ah.. the new generation of Linux users... Y'all can't do anything
> > without a GUI.
> >
> > Want to know what's going on "under the covers"? Then when you want to
> > add fonts, you can.. any time, any type. :)

This is a very fine message. What disturbs me about Mandrake that everything
is shiny when you use the GUI tools, but information about what is really
happening is scarce. E.g. I do not yet know whether it is possible to update a
Mandrake system easily on a remote machine from the comand line and that what
happens when I select a security level. Where can I find information on
'what's going on "under the covers"'?

                                Andras