I had this trouble some time ago as well (can't remember what version of
Bastille, and iptables I was running).  I any case, I was advised, that
to get rid of that message, i can get rid of linuxconf from the list of
services that Bastille audits.  I don't know much about the issue, and
can't find the message in the archives.  But I think the point was,
unless you are concerned with someone with physical access to the system
making changes via linuxconf, you don't need linuxconf auditing.

-Paul Rodríguez