I am using Linux more and more every day. My question
is......----------since I am a NEWBIE :) ---------- Does anyone have
any suggestions for good programs that would be of use to web
designers and html coders like myself?

I guess I am refering to such things as

QTview ........ http://gqview.sourceforge.net/   as mentioned by
several people for an image viewer. ~~~Thanks for the link guys!

I am not interested in views or comments on text editors or wyswyg
editors...... That gets into a thread in and of itself in a hurry :)

More like programs that don't default into the normal mandrake setup
and might not be on one of the 3 download version cd's.

Here are the programs I am using now........

HTML Editor---------bluefish/quanta plus/text editor
FTP Program--------gftp~~[good]
Image Editor---------gimp~~~[awsome:)]
Image Viewer--------qtview~~~~[really good!]
Browsers-------------Opera/Netscape/Konqueror/Mozilla/Galeon
___________________________________
I wasn't looking for an image viewer when I was reading the mailing
list emails........and what a great find gtview was! I suggested
Nautilus........but qtview is nicer......and faster. I guess that's
what I am inquiring about......anyone have any other hidden gems that
you could point me to??????????
___________________________________
                On a side note:

These are all in all WONDERFUL programs ! Windows counterparts are
selling for more money than I have the inclination to spend for my
part time hobby :) Using Linux...... they are FREE ! Gimp being a
great example.....but qtview and gftp(better ftp available?) are
great in their own right also.

Yeah~~ I'm a GUI Junkie !! :) Does that=Linux Newbie?? :)

It simply amazes me that most LINUX programs are free......and that
the quality of the programs rival or are better than most windows
counterparts. If you factor in the BILLIONS spent on windows and
windows programs.....vs the amount spent on LINUX ...... well i am in
awe of what has been accomplished.  I just wish I had started
learning Linux many years ago.

My hat is off to the Mandrake guys--and gals ......... you have made
my stepping over to the Linux world less intimidating and have made
this Operating System more USER friendly. I hear alot of
complaining/suggesting on this list........ (which is okay) ,because
that provides insights for improvement, but I wanted you to hear a
big:

THANK YOU -- GREAT JOB ! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!

--
Dave Crouse
Running Mandrake 8.1