On Sat, 2001-12-01 at 13:34, dfox wrote:
> > >Attachment converted: Big Foot:Untitled 9 (????/----) (0003801F)
> > Can you shut off the attachments that go out with your posts to the
> > Mandrake Newbie list?  My drive is getting littered with these files

I have stopped putting my digital signature on all emails to the list.
For whatever reason, Evolution insists on signing emails as an
attachment, rather than just including the appropriate text within the
message like kmail does.

> A big ditto as far as message.footer is concerned. PLEASE PLEASE rethink
> this as a .signature rather than an attachment. It's not all that big
> of a deal -- at least it didn't use to be - but in 8.1 with its new
> elm - it interferes a lot, unless elm can be reconfigured not to see every
> message from that list as having an attachment.

That message.footer is from the list server, not me.

Dave
--
Earth -- mother of the most beautiful women in the universe.
                -- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1