> What I am looking for is a way to automate this. I use a program called Fin=
> ePrint in Windows that acts as a 'virtual' printer driver and handles the p=

I wonder if there's something in CUPS that'll do that. I haven't looked at
this issue for sometime. Sure, using the staroffice or whatever other software,
there's ways to print even and odd pages separately. A while back there was
(and it should still be available) a set of tools called PSTricks or pstools.
These were little, but useful utilities for PostScript that would do things
like rearrange pages, separate the even pages from the odd ones, allow to
separate page ranges into individual files, stuff like that.