On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, ethan wrote:

Hi, Ethan!

I've seen these msg just now! I hope it helps!

I had recently something this! I messed up the symlinks!

Try in this order:

1.type 'eject' as root! if it work, you have permissions problems!
as root, correct them!
If it doesn't work, correct the symlinks but, before... See #2.

*Yes! no arguments!*
(does it open anything? I have one cdrom, one cd-rw and one zipdrive and
mount them all and just type "eject"!)

2. try: eject /dev/hdX (the 'X'n is the a,b,c or d, depending on your
config!

*If this works, so the problem is really the symlink! You have to
build/rebuild them!

3. To fix *my* own mess, I've included "dvfs=nomount" into LILO 'append'
label! (I removed that after fixing!)

4. I fixed the symlinks like, "ln -s /dev/hdb /dev/cdrom" (I've looked
into fstab to check which one was correct).

5. Now, I'm happily eject everything!

6. eject has a serious 'bug'! it does NOT work for "in-laws" ;-) (It would
be great!)

HTH,

Ricardo Castanho

>nope. tried that as well:
>
>eject cdrom and /dev/cdrom gives:
>eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument

- --
Whenever possible mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Linux user # 102240 => Machine # 96125 => Seti@home user