On Sunday 02 December 2001 14:31, you wrote:
> All right, right-click on any vacant area of the screen if you are using
> KDE and select "Create New" and then CDROM Device and then look at the
> Device tab and select the item that says (/mnt/cdrom) as part of its name.
> Do it a second time and look for (/mnt/cdrom2).  You will now have your
> devices on your desktop, and if you left click them it opens them and
> mounts them same time.
>
> If you right-click those Icons once you have mounted something (and
> provided you are done with it and have closed any directories or terminals
> logged to it) you will see Unmount and Eject as choices.  You can Unmount
> and then push the button on the CD Drive or you can Eject and the drive
> will eject automatically.

Indeed, it works. However, in 8.0, the software installer used to do that
automatically (i.e. when more than 1 disk involved in a software install,
the installer used to open the tray in which the expected CD had to be placed.
This was better, I think. And if it could be back for 8.2, it would be a
step towards user-frindness.

> Civileme

Thanks,

Pascal