On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:31:42 -0700
hosey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've deleted the first and only message in the outbox and I'm still
> unable to send an email with a file attachment with Kmail, and Mozilla

> Messenger.  I've even tried Sylpheed and it also aborts with errors in

> sending.  I'm sending to another one of my email addresses that I know

> are functional.

what happens when you use a fully qualified host.domain.com address
minus the :<portnumber>?

i.e. hostname.domain.com

on my machine for all the email clients that i us on my machine I have
my mailserver defined as this:

mailserver:  mdw1982.dyndns.org

thats it. no port number or anything. that or the machines IP number
with work too.

Mark