On Wednesday 05 December 2001 11:45 am, Mike Leone wrote:
> >    Only correct for those who refuse to admit or are unaware of
> > inherent M$ vuneralbilities. "If you use NT/Win2K/WinXP, you most
>
> I admit to, and am aware of, MS's vulnerabilities, and also how to
> mitigate them; it's part of my job responsibilities.

    There is no way to mitigate inherent M$ vulnerabilities,
specially those that haven't surfaced or been admitted to yet, or
flat out dismissed by M$ as just 'issues'.

> Please don't be insulting or dismissive.

    Where's the insult in my remark?

> No offense, Tom, but you seem to have this knee-jerk pavlovian
> response to certain subjects - accessing the Internet via MS
> products; NVidia's closed source binaries. A more calm response
> might be more effective on those topics.

    I've been on this and other lists for years, and only recently it
seems that some people on this list feel obliged to make ad hominem
comments, and not just towards me. Something I've never done.  Fine,
if you don't like my opinion and or what I have to say or the way I
present, then post your opinion and have your say they way you like
to present it.  Personal comments either amuse me, or fall on deaf
ears. No offense taken.

    Accessing the Net with any M$ OS and/or software is akin to doing
the same with Linux, running as root, with no firewall or sentry, and
permissions set to 'welcome to crackers'.  Proof is in the puddin, as
M$ clients and servers are compromised on a daily basis ... whether
mitigated or not.

    Introducing closed source binary only drivers or software into a
an open source system leaves you with only a false sense of security.
You'll never know what potential security exploits are contained in
them.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA