Hi...

I want my windows laptop to be the gateway to allow my linux machines to connect to
the internet.
I also need each machine to be able to ftp to any other machine thro the ethernet
cables and hub. (cat5e 100mbps)
I'm going mad here trying to find non-confusing information to set this up.
I've spent a week trying with no luck.

I have a laptop running windows ME.
It's IP is set as 192.168.0.1
I have six machines each running mandrake 8.0.
Their IP's are set as 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.7

On the laptop TCP/IP Properties window: What should the settings be? ie, the
bindings/advanced/netbios/dns configuration/gateway/WINS configuration/IP address

On each linux machine, using linuxconf as root: what settings should be made?

Simple idiot-proof help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks
magnet