-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of magnet
Sent: Sunday, 9 December 2001 11:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] internet sharing setup

> Have you tried flashing your external modem?  Make it current, and maybe
> you'll get a faster connection.  Just a thought.

The modem has been "flash upgraded" twice to see if the problem was local,
but it appears
it is at my ISP's end. They have altered something to cause the problem with
this modem
and how it handshakes. I have checked my cables, power supply, dial-up
connection strings
and most other stuff associated and the problem still points to my ISP, as I
have no
problem getting fast connections to 2 other ISP's I use for updating
websites I maintain.

Thanks for the suggestion tho :)

regards
magnet