I installed Mandrake 8.1 on my Dell Dimension (PIII) and everything went very
well....until I tried to access my cdrom drive.

This machine has a CD RW drive supplied by Dell, and a DVD rom installed
later by myself.

In checking with HardDrak, I find three cdroms listed:
ATAPI 12X DVDROM    dev/hdd   ATAPI/IDE
LG CD-RW  CED-8080B  dev/hdc  ATAPI/IDE
LG CD-RW CED-8080B  dev/scd0  SCSI

This machine doesn't have SCSI support, to the best of my knowledge.  Why is
Mandrake seeing two RW drives and why is it seeing a SCSI device?

I can't rouse the CD RW drive at all it won't light up and I can't eject the
tray.

Any ideas?
--
Bob Kauffman