hi,

  i also met this during the installation of staroffice. tmp is usually mounted in the
/ partition. in my case i just gave / about 100MB and it was getting used up (the
clean tmp at boot option doesnt seem to work). one work-around is to create another
temporary tmp folder for your user (in your home directory if it has the space to
spare) and set the TMP environment variable to point to that location so every program
that the user does is placed there.

  when the opportunity arises (when you need to reinstall), add more space to your
root partition or create a tmp partition suitable enough for big installations (a
little bit overkill because the work-around provided above is more efficient since not
all installations use up the tmp space.)

HTH

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
25/F Equitable-PCI Tower
ADB Ave. cor. Poveda St.,