|  On Sunday 09 December 2001 23:29, you wrote:
|  > and i figured out how to get xdos to work [although in su mode]
|  > {any way to launch it as a reg user?}

Have you tried editing the /etc/dosemu.users file?  You can add:

fred c_all unrestricted private_setup

for user fred.  This gives the user unrestricted privileges and the
"private_setup" allows the user to have a private dosemu lib in your home
dir (~/.dosemu/lib).  I don't really know much about dosemu but I've been
reading about it this morning and found that I can run xdos as user by
editing the users file as above.  HTH

skinky
--
But what ... is it good for?
(Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,