On Wednesday 12 December 2001 09:48, chris huston wrote:
|  Hi,
|  I'm trying to play a few of my favorite dos games
|  using linux xdos.
|
|  Is there a location where i can move the dos games into
|  its directory structure so i can reach them via xdos?

As per README.txt instructions, I made a new directory called "drives" in
/var/lib/dosemu/, created a symlink called "C" to the mounted dos drive,
then edited /etc/dosemu.conf

# mkdir -p /var/lib/dosemu/drives
# cd /var/lib/dosemu/drives
# ln -s /dos C

Using your favourite editor (I use vim) as root, edit /etc/dosemu.conf:

$_hdimage = "drives/*"

I can now access all files on my dos drive.  My dos drive is usually
mounted as vfat on /mnt/windows but I created some aliases for root to
speed up the dos mounting:

alias mdos='mount -t msdos -o umask=000 /dev/hdb1 /dos'
alias mw='mount /mnt/windows/'
alias ud='umount /dos/'
alias uw='umount /mnt/windows'

# mkdir -p /dos         # mount position for my dos drive

so all I have to do (as root) is unmount windows and mount dos before
running xdos:
# uw                    # umount /mnt/windows
# mdos                  # mount /dos
exit                    # [Ctrl+D] to return to user
$ xdos                  # run xdos as user

and when I'm finished with xdos:

$ su
Password: [password]
# ud                    # umount /dos
# mw                    # mount /mnt/windows

I think you can make symlinks in /var/lib/dosemu/drives to any dos-useable
dir on your hd which will give you access to those dirs.  For example
you'd end up with:

/var/lib/dosemu/drives/C
/var/lib/dosemu/drives/D
/var/lib/dosemu/drives/E
/var/lib/dosemu/drives/F

and your /etc/dosemu.conf accesses all links in your "drives" dir.  HTH

skinky
--
But what ... is it good for?
(Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,