On Tuesday 11 December 2001 12:22 pm, you wrote:
> On Monday 10 December 2001 20:15, you wrote:
> > > Brian, LM installs the tinyfirewall by default. This is a very basic
> > > install of Bastille so you do not need to uninstall or turn it off.
> > > Just bring up a console and su to root, then  change directory by
> > > typing "cd /sbin" without the quotes and from the prompt. Then again
> > > from the prompt type
> > > "InteractiveBastille" without the quotes and just as I show it. This
> > > will start the Bastille install, you can do it from KDE or single user
> > > mode, but I prefer KDE cause it is nicer looking.  :  )  anyhow, when
> > > it asks about packet forwarding you can use that if you have a LAN
> > > setup, otherwise I don't believe you need it.  When it gets to the file
> > > limits question say no, it will screw up your ability to su from a user
> > > console. Come back if you have questions. HTH
> >
> > Hmmm.  InteractiveBastille results in this output:
> >
> > [root@server sbin]# InteractiveBastille
> > Using Tk user interface module.
> > Only displaying questions relevant to the current configuration.
> > Can't locate Bastille_Tk.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib /usr/lib/pe
> > rl5/5.6.1/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
> > /i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr
> > /lib/perl5/site_perl/ /usr/lib/Bastille) at /usr/sbin/InteractiveBastill
> > e line 276.
> > [root@server sbin]#
> >
> > I don't think that's what you had in mind.
> >
> > thanks
> > Brian
>
> Ok, that's cause you don't have Bastille-Tk-module installed. Pick it up
> off of your software manager and then try it again.  Should go like clock
> work.

Well, after having shot myself in the foot by  failing to list eth0 as a
trusted interface and thereby denying myself access to my usually
keyboardless, mouseless, screenless server, and then having attached a
keyboard etc and reversed this, I am Bastilled.  Thanks muchly to all who
responded. (including Frank - yes I'll check out gShield too).

/Brian