Steven Spears wrote:

> I think it's 3.? If does require 4.? can I use the Mandrake Control center to
> update to 4? Or will I have to use a different method.
>
> I'm going to try and start some of these programs from command line and see
> what error, if any, I get.
>
> Thanks a million,
>
> Steve

Yes, from the command center, you can change to Xfree 4.x.x, I'm pretty sure.
Just go into display, and I think expert...

Note that everytime you change something here, you will have to go back into
your Xfree config file and change it again. (nv to nvidia, etc, etc,..)

(and it is /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, BTW)

Hope all this helps ya! ;-)

--

                                                                       /\