I'll tell you how I got my two systems floppys to work...... No
command line stuff......... I'm a GUI Guy <grin>...... I just haven't
had tons of experience with the command line......so I try to find
ways to do things with KDE. Anyway----here goes..........

I right click on the desktop and go to <CREATE NEW>and then to
<FLOPPY DEVICE>then I click the <DEVICE> tab and choose
</dev/fd0 (/mnt/floppy)> then a NEW floppy drive icon appears on the
desktop.......... and I delete the old one after making sure it works!

I used the same procedure for creating shortcut icons for my ZIP
drive and my CD rom............ and they all work.

--
Dave Crouse
Running Mandrake 8.1