On Tuesday 18 December 2001 04:25, you wrote:
> >Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:45:49 -0700
> > FemmeFatale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >So my question is I can use Licq as Root.  I have attempted to change
> >the permissions on Licq (which file is the *.exe, so to speak!?)...and
> >well it just won't "stick"...
DON't connect to the net as root,,,bad Idea, might as well use winder$ for
the level of security it brings.
ICQ is owned by AOL these days, and underwent major changes (kinda like Aol
Instant Messaging -vs- M$instant mess. change functions at the server to make
all previous software no longer work) about the time 8.1 came out. you need
to Download a current client. even an older Gaim won't work