Doug ; Try Star Office 6.0 Beta (it's a Beta but very stable!) at
www.sun.com

or better yet, try Openoffice at
www.openoffice.org

get the 641b version for Linux and/or Windows.  Includes full compatibility
for MS Office XP ! and it's totally FREE ! In Either case, make sure that you
get a Java Runtime Environment package running before you install the office
suite. You'll want j2re - 1.3.1  for either Windows or Linux. Get that at

www.java.sun.com

We've been using it at the office for months without a problem on 37 PC's.

Lanman
P.S. Merry Christmas !