On Monday 24 December 2001 02:35 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:

> ok...but what does one do when you "get" the theme and it doesn't
> have a themerc file in the tarball? theme no good...waste
> time...get frustrated cause theme no work. the one single thing I
> absolutely HATE about kde-2.x. the renowned theme support of the
> KDE desktop sucks in any version above kde-1.1.2. I just don't get
> it. The "why" of or the theme for that matter.

   Well, how do you really feel Mark?  ;>

   My solution is to get Mandrake rpms.  There's a how-to for the
tarballs, but it's been too long and I don't remember where or what
install'in .tgz themes involves. I seem to remember they're all
sort'a different.  Anyhow, best places for themes are

Penguin Liberation Front
   http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/linux/plf/
Texstar
   http://www.pclinuxonline.com

   Painless, just install the rpm's and they show up under the
Control Center | Look'n Feel  options.  Like most, I really like
Liquid, but I use it with System++ decorations and different colors.
--
      Tom Brinkman             Corpus Christi, Texas, USA