On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 15:19:39 -0500
Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> On Monday 24 December 2001 02:35 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:
>
> > ok...but what does one do when you "get" the theme and it doesn't
> > have a themerc file in the tarball? theme no good...waste
> > time...get frustrated cause theme no work. the one single thing I
> > absolutely HATE about kde-2.x. the renowned theme support of the
> > KDE desktop sucks in any version above kde-1.1.2. I just don't get
> > it. The "why" of or the theme for that matter.
>
>    Well, how do you really feel Mark?  ;>
>
>    My solution is to get Mandrake rpms.  There's a how-to for the
> tarballs, but it's been too long and I don't remember where or what
> install'in .tgz themes involves. I seem to remember they're all
> sort'a different.  Anyhow, best places for themes are
>
> Penguin Liberation Front
>    http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/linux/plf/
> Texstar
>    http://www.pclinuxonline.com
>
>    Painless, just install the rpm's and they show up under the
> Control Center | Look'n Feel  options.  Like most, I really like
> Liquid, but I use it with System++ decorations and different colors.
> --
>       Tom Brinkman             Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

Aaaaaaaaaaaah...thank you Tom! that did the trick. as always...you're my hero. I
noticed though that this theme doesn't seem to have an rc file. Or, does it and I've
missed it somehow.

And how exactly does one become a member of the P.L.F.? Because I want to sign up and
serve my Penguin!

--
daRcmaTTeR
If at first you don't succeed do what your wife told you to do

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
 10:05am  up 9 days,  1:55,  2 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.31, 0.34