Ricky Parks wrote:

>Hi, I am new to this mail listing, I dont realy think this mail listing is
>going to help me but I though I would try any ways. I have been having some
>troble getting my sound card and my network browsing to work. I am writting
>this from windows since I can get my e-mail working ether.
>
>I wanted to ask a question too. I heard of this program called wine. Can it
>realy let me play games like star craft on linux? Well I hope this listing
>helps me make the big step from windows to linux! Thanks  all  :)

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Yes, code weavers wine will work fine with StarCraft and some other
DirectX games.

As to your sound card and network setup....  Hmmm network is probably
configuration, but sound card is more likely unsupported hardware or
something like the Dell version of the Aureal (Turtle Beach) sound cards
which never had any drivers but windows drivers made especially for Dell
(since it was different from the standard TBS cards marketed for other
systems).

Email should be relatively easy again as long as you have internet
connectivity.  You do have to get used to having several different
mailer programs and possibly to giving them information you can get from
your ISP.

Civileme