I made the same mistake when installing 8.1. What follows works for 8.1, but
I don't know about 7.2. I simply re-ran the installation process, choosing
"update" and expert mode. I made no changes to the file system nor selected
any software packages. When it comes time to select a monitor, I made sure to
pick the correct one. (Using expert mode gives you much more control at this
point, and if I recall lets you test your choice.) If none of the choices
seem right, pick a plain vanilla generic monitor for now and fix it later
from the Mandrake Control Center.

Before doing this, boot into Win2K and see how Windows identifies your
monitor.
--
Warren Post
Santa Rosa de Copan, Honduras