I donno..perhaps I still have a mail problem? I posted this 24hrs ago
and it went to the bit bucket in the sky? this is a test repost..olly P

#0000c0; text-decoration: none; }Re: [newbie] Has our list-server got
X-MAS hiccups ?  (Oliver L. Plaine Jr,  Tue Dec 25 11:42:12 2001)

On Tuesday 25 December 2001 07:13, Kaj was quoting his friend.

> > Have you ever come across this before. As of a day or two ago, I
> > can no longer post to the newbie list on Mandrake. My emails are
> > constantly being returned as errors. I called my ISP and asked them
> > to look into the matter. I can receive email from the list, so I am
> > still subscribed to it. I am including the latest error message
> > from my ISP if it'll help. I can also send and receive email from
> > everyone else in my address book, but not 'to' the 'Newbie' list!
> > I even tried using my wifes machine to post to the list, still
> > nothing.

--------------------------
Tue Dec 25 11:23:34 2001  61degF and cloudy

Happy holidays Y'all
         I had this problem just last week...I could not post to newbie
,
although I could receive OK...and I could not resub as the MDK server
refused to accept anything from me....
         Other people in my address book received my messages OK it
seemed but
then I discovered that anyone on AOL was not getting them either.....

         My problem turned out to be....as I was fooling with Kmail I
misspelled  "worldnet" in the from line as "wroldnet" but the reply to
address was spelled correctly. most ISP's do not check to see if a
sender uses a valid address....but evidently AOL and "newbie " does? as
they rejected my messages.....I suppose that is a anti spam thing?

double check those spellings, I overlooked that one a dozen
times...also look for a random period that you finger may have put in
by itself?

         like the "tester" once said (paraphrased)....those tiny
viruses get
their sharp little claws into my keyboard....

--
Olly P......... Biloxi Mississippi ---- Linux MDK 8.0 and
Kmail 2.1.1

 11:37am  up 58 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01