What a holiday!  Our box that runs our mail server was hacked on Dec. 23
and we are still trying to clean up the mess...

I know this may be a tad off topic so if you have an answer to this
question, you can always just email me privately.  I just thought someone
here might know how to solve this one last issue.

This particular server is running RH 6.  They changed /bin/ps to something
that is totally different than what we had on there before and created a
hard link so that it can't be deleted or updated until we find the hard
link.  My question is how do I trace this link so I can delete it, and then
reinstall the rpm????

Even forcing the rpm install returns the following:

# rpm -i --force /test/procps-2.0.2-2.i386.rpm
can't rename /bin/ps to /bin/ps-RPMDELETE: Operation not permitted
unpacking of archive failed on file /bin/ps: cpio: unlink failed -
Operation not permitted

Thanks in advance...

Ed
~~
Ed Kasky
Los Angeles, CA
"The time when you need to do something is when no one else is
willing to do it; when people are saying it can't be done."
        - Mary Francis Berry