I have just today upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1, and it's getting to the
point where I'll be surprised when the install *doesn't* go smoothly!
But I have a similar question about USB devices. Mine were recognized by
Mandrake, as seen by running USBViewer. It picked up my SmartMedia /
CompactFlash Adapter, the scanner, and even a joystick and a modem.
Trouble is: what do I do now?
  Out on Mandrake's site, I see that USB storage devices, such as the
SM/CF adapter, should be mounted like SCSI stuff. As in: "External USB
storage devices are handled like SCSI devices, so everything I said
about mounting parallel devices above also applies here, i.e. to mount a
ZIP disk in a USB connected ZIP drive, you'd most likely use

mount /dev/sda4 -t vfat /mnt/zip
  Trouble is, the info in USBView doesn't seem to include any info such
as something that's found in the /dev directory.
  I would love to be able to use the scanner and especially the SM/CF
adapter - two less reasons to boot up into Windows.  So, how do I go
about attaching these recognized USB devices to something that I can
then 'mount'?  -- Thanks!