On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 13:08:22 -0800 (PST)
Kenn Murrah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> okay, i know this is a trivial issue but it's driving
> me nuts ...
>
> i've created a dual boot (windows ME and linux) in
> which the clock is 6 hours different between the two
> ... if i correct the clock in one operating system,
> when i reboot, it's wrong in the other ...
>
> what am i doing wrong here, gang ?
>
> thanks,
>
> kenn

you are in luck, i still have the reply from the semi-legendary  Tom Brinkman himself
about the same problem

[PASTE]

   hwclock --hctosys
              Set the System Time from the Hardware Clock.

   hwclock --systohc
              Set the Hardware Clock to the current System Time.

  (see  man hwclock)   I use this alias in bashrc to set both
hardware and software clocks to a time server (U of Houston)

alias tdate="rdate -p -s tick.uh.edu && hwclock --systohc"

   You'll probly need to install rdate, it's on your CD's. You'll
also need to find a public time server in your time zone (Google).

[/PASTE]

but i havent even tried it yet because of the public time server thing which is not
always accessible to me (i may not be understanding it correctly but charge it to my
personal stupidity ;-). i made do with not selecting any timezone in linux. i now have
the same time in the two OS in my box.

ciao!
--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
25/F Equitable-PCI Tower
ADB Ave. cor. Poveda St.,