Hi All,

        I have been having a long wait to do anything in Mandrake 8.0
w/KDE on 32m RAM. A few hours ago I put in *128M* and it only reads
65m or so, it is much faster. Maybe it would be faster still if
*128m* was reading? How do I use the GUI to set the ram? If no GUI,
can I get to lilo while the server is running, or do I need to shut
it down and restart?

        Question two...  I am running rpminst after selecting update
to most of the packages on the update list. It has been going for
hours maybe the progress bar is moving, maybe not. I am reluctant to
shutdown. I have an almost fast, cable connection that is working ok
for web pages on another machine at the same time. How long should I
wait and/or how do I tell/determine if rpminst is stalled and
unrecoverable. The graffic box in Software Manager is going back and
fort nicely, back and forth, back and forth, to and fro.(-: (-;  :-)

Pentium 150
--

        Have an extra nice Day!,
                Andrew