On Saturday 29 December 2001 19:06, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Hi. I'm trying to get to alias's (pleural sp?) to work and am having a
> problem. Here is what I put into /home/darklord/.bashrc:
>
> alias diablo2=winex /mnt/windows/Program\ Files/Diablo\ II/Game.exe
> alias starcraft=winex /mnt/windows/Program\
> Files/Starcraft/starcraft.exe

> PS Program Files and Diablo II have blank spaces in them, so I had to
> use the \ character, right? If I enter either of these commands "as is"
> from a shell, they execute just fine...

Instead of using the \ escape character, try encasing the whole thing in
double quotes:

alias diablo2=winex "/mnt/windows/Program Files/Diablo II/Game.exe"

Sometimes one method works better than the other, dunno why

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n nx dmnstrtn