"Maureen L. Thomas" wrote:

> I am using Mandrake 8.1.  I can access my floppy and my cdrom but not
> the Zip disk.  It is an internal Atapi drive.  My fstab entry looks like
> this:
>
> /dev/hdd4  /mnt/zip  auto
> user,icharset=iso8859-1,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0
>
> when I try to mount with the icon I get the following message:
>
> mount special device /dev/hdd4 does not exist
>
> I know it is probably something really simple, but I just can't figure
> it out.  Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Maureen

Do a "dmesg > dmesg.txt" Read it. Go to the section with your drives in it.
Make sure that your Zip drive really is hdd4. If it is, then right click on
your Zip icon, pick properties and make sure its pointing to what your Zip
drive really is (not /mnt/zip).

Other than that...dunno. Hope this helps though! ;-)

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord