I wonder if anyone has had the experience of installing Md 8.1 on a Sony
Vaio PCG-982L ( the number on the back of the lap top). However the
system information windows says it's a PCG-FX250(UC). In trying to find
the other information, I get: an Intel Pentium III, 800 mhz, 256k RAM,
20gig hard drive, running windows ME. Bios are PheonixBios 4.0.
Intel(R)82815 graphics controller.AnologDevicesInc Soundmax.Cd is a
Matshita ujda710. Modem is a Conexant-Ambit 56k DataFax Internal.
I don't know where to go to get the motherboard or other designations.
But the problem is that both Md 8.0 and 8.1 freeze up at "configuring
PCMIA cards", which is right up front on the install.

Any help or experience would be appreciated.
Chuck