Thanks for the answers, looks like I am going to have
to test with diferent keyboard and mouse. Otherwise,
change my switch. Where can I get that switch you guys
have???

Note: forwarded message attached.

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
--- Begin Message ---
Lee wrote:

> On Saturday 05 January 2002 04:13 pm, Roberto Armenteros wrote:
>
>>I recently bought a "monitor-keyboard-mouse switch" so
>>that I can share a set of "monitor-keyboard-mouse"
>>between my two boxes. When I switch from the linux box
>>to my other box and then comeback to linux, my mouse
>>doesn't work, while the keyboard works sometimes.
>>Somehow when I disconnect the mouse from linux and
>>plug it back in, "which is what the switch does" linux
>>doesnt recognize the mouse anymore, and then I have to
>>restart X so it will work again. They keyboard also
>>presents some problems. I am sure there is another way
>>of reconnecting the mouse, but I dont know how. Also,
>>is there anyway of making this process autmatic? I use
>>KDE mostly. I would really appreciate if somebody
>>gives me a hand... :)
>>
>>Roberto

>>Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
>>http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
>>

> All kvm switches are not created equal.  The problem is that your computer
> needs to think the mouse is there when it isn't.
>
> Easiest solution is probably a spare mouse or maybe trade in your kvm for
> another.
>
> I use a Belkin OmniView 4-Port switch with no problems on any of the boxes.
>
> Lee

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

There are a number of variables involved....

The keyboard itself
The mouse
The ports on the various computers and their design
The switch

I use a Belkin Omnicube and I lost the keyboard with nearly every
switch.  Then one day I knocked the keyboard off the desk and it did not
want to work any longer with any computer, so I used an old, dirty
keyboard from the now-defunct monorail computer.  I have had no losses
in switching since then.

I used to have to logout with the mouse after weach switch  (usually a
ctrl-alt-backspace to restart X if you have the keyboard working will
also restore your mouse)

I also have an IBM desktop system in my switched array and it wants to
lose the mouse--in fact doesn't want to detect my switched mouse at all.
  I have to use a separate mouse with that computer only.

I am using a Belkin Omnicube switch.

Civileme

--- End Message ---