On Sunday 06 January 2002 03:22 pm, you wrote:
> "Maureen L. Thomas" wrote:
> > Thanks for the tips.  Civil me was right.  I had to mknod and then it
> > was recognized.  I had pointed it to hdd4, but it just wouldn't work.
> > Had a little trouple with the modem by got that straighten out too.  I
> > did use the dmesg > dmesg.txt.  That confirmed my zip as hdd.  Thanks
> > again.
>
> Glad you got it working. Civileme is almost always right. I've rarely if
> ever seen him be wrong about something. <smile>
>
> Still, I'm curious about the whole issue because I've never had to do a
> mknod from 7.0 thru 8.1, even when my Zip drive would not work and thats
> installing it on a pre-existing setup under my orginal 7.0 installation. I
> know things have changed with the addition of devfs, and I'm going to have
> to read up on that... ;-)
>
> See ya!

Dear All,

I still cannot get my sound working with my printing and both zip drives. I
have LM8.1 and have been dealing with this for a long while. Could this be a
devfs problem? Maybe I need to do the mknod for my zip drive, also. How would
I do that for a zip drive that is sda 4? What would the numbers be at the end
of the command line for a sda 4?

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

Marcia