I recently upgraded from 7.2 to 8.1 and am in the process of hunting down
the inevitable bugs that usually result from upgrades.  I must say, however,
this version update was the smoothest I've ever experienced.  Good job,
Mandrake!

I'm running KDE 2.2 as the environment on an Asus motherboard I built with
an Athlon 650 CPU, 128 meg., two HDrives, one floppy, and one CD.

Neither KDE's CD Player nor Grip will open and play a music CD.  Both are
unable to open the cd device (as a user or as root).  Data CDs read fine
from Konqueror.  Could this be a problem with "supermount"?  That feature
has not been present in my earlier installations of Mandrake (and Red Hat).

The following two lines appeared in my /etc/fstab after the 8.1
installation:
/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=iso9660 0 0
/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=vfat 0 0

The supermount feature has been a bit unpredictable in mounting and
unmounting the CD, but I'm learning the quirks and how to live with it.
Could the music CD inability have something to do with the device definition
of fs=iso9660 in the fstab file?  Has anybody got this all figured out?

Thanks.

Mike