Ned wrote:
> I want to install Linux on an old laptop with currently has 98SP2 on it...it
> is a P1, 166, with 400 mg HD and 32 mgs RAM.  I was pointed in the direction
> of both TinyLinux and SpyLinux, but I was wondering if anyone here had any
> better ideas...maybe a Mini_mandrake or something of the sort...

I've installed Mandrake 7.2 on machines with as little as 32 MB, and
even ran KDE on them (slowly).  I had larger hard disks, but you can
squeeze it into 400 MB -- you just have to pick what you want.  Will
this be your first install of Linux?

If so, might be a little tough, but I'd give it a shot.  Mandrake
usually offers to install a percentage of the available packages if they
won't all fit, and I'd expect that they select the packages in that
percentage with the most important first (or at least a core of
important packages).

Randy Kramer