"Build" would mean "compile". Since precompiled binaries are available, there is
no need to compile the source yourself. The installation only takes a few
minutes.

One word of warning: OpenOffice.org/StarOffice 6 is still beta-quality software.
At present, I have found that it performs a little faster than SO 5.2. Since
speed optimisation usually comes last in the development cycle, expect this to
improve with the final version. Another thing to watch out for is stability.
OpenOffice.org Build 641c has proven to be reasonably stable for me, but I have
experienced the odd crash and document file corruption. Keep backups of your
work if you're editing them in OpenOffice.org/SO6.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                -- informal Xerox PARC slogan