On Monday 14 January 2002 11:38, Larry typed:
clipped
>   When I first installed MaxBlast, I allowed it to partition the
> drive. When I tried to install Linux
> the disk partitioning software got confused and trashed the whole
> partition table. I thought
> that perhaps Linux didn't like the way MaxBlast created the
> partitions so I used a Win98
> boot disk and fdisk to create the two Windows partitions. Tried to
> install Linux again today
> and still get the LIL thing.

-----------------------
2002-01-14 17:13

Larry, I do not have the expertise to explain this in a valid technical
manner...but I have went through the same drill...and discovered this.

you do not need the maxblast software for Linux...Linux addresses the
disc differently...

get rid of the maxblast
put the MS system below the bios cutoff point
as long as the bios can reach linux boot ,Linux will read the rest of
the 20G .

I have no overlay program and use the whole 20G....linux will see it
microsoft will not.

If you need more details, fire me a mail  ..I cannot explain the
methods used by the two systems but I can make it work.

--
Olly P......... Biloxi Mississippi ---- Linux MDK 8.0 and
Kmail 2.1.1

Windows NT: Only 64 megs needed to play Minesweeper!

  5:24pm  up  3:22,  2 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.01, 0.00